|Source: 1000 Nights Camp|
More Luxurious Camps
- Notes: Most luxurious and may be the best camp, swimming pool, conference hall, special 'glass house villas' if one prefers not to sleep in a tent.
- Website: http://www.1000nightscamp.com/
- Activities: Dune bashing, camel riding, horse safari, coffee with bedu, swimming pool, sand boarding and more.
- See: New York Times: Luxury Camping in the Oman Desert
- Price range: A single basic tent costs 25 OMR per night (which is quite reasonable and in-line with other camps)
- Website: http://www.alrahaoman.com/
- Activities: Dune bashing, camel riding, dune surfing, quad biking, shooting and more..
Desert Nights Camp - http://www.omanhotels.com/desertnightscamp/ - Run by the Oman Hotel group - same as Falaj Hotel in Muscat if you know it. Runs a variety of package deals. Most expensive. Known as the '2nd best camp' after 1000 Nights. Luxury tents and bathrooms. Easy to book online.
Desert Nights Camp
Sama Al Wasil Camp (Desert Palm Camp)
'Accommodation consists of 10 ensuite chalets (2 rooms in each) and 10 separate rooms, all with generous outside patios.' ..'Enjoy the thrill of riding the dunes on a Quad Bike. Go Dune Bashing in a 4X4 vehicle. Marvel at the beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Get together with friends around a camp fire and gaze at star lit skies. Experience Henna painting .'
More Rustic Camps
- Notes: Rustic Bedouin camp (no generator or electricity). Camping in huts not tents.
- Website: http://www.nomadicdesertcamp.com/start.htm
- Activities: Dune bashing & camel riding-long treks possible